- 3 egg whites (or 2 whole eggs or equiv. beaters)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup reduced fat peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey (or agave if aiming for vegan)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
Preheat oven to 350.
Beat eggs and sugar until creamy. Add peanut butter, applesauce, honey and vanilla and mix until combined.
Combine together in a separate bowl all dry ingredients then gradually mix into wet ingredients.
Scoop onto parchment-lined baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes.
I just made this for the first time this weekend and while I love the flavor of these cookies, the texture is like a muffin, so instead of cookies I’ve been calling them muffin tops. Next time I will be making them in muffin tins. Trav thinks they’ll be great with some apple chunks as an alternative and I agree. I will report back when this happens with the baking time for muffins…